WHAT IS CIVIL ENGINEERING?
Civil engineers supervise and inspect the construction of plans and projects. The construction engineer is a specialist in knowing the best materials and techniques for the job. They work on all sorts of projects, such as buildings, dams, airports, roads, docks, sewage, water works, bullet trains, subways, etc, and also engage in training and research.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT COURSES IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
- The Bachelor's in Civil Engineering requires courses in mathematics, physics, chemistry and other fundamental disciplines.
- Professional courses such as applied mechanics, behavior of materials, resistance and topography structural mechanics, soil mechanics, fluid mechanics, and transportation and related computer applications are emphasized.
- Strengthening planning and project management skills in the various branches of the profession are one of the main goals of the program. In addition, students take classes in management and participate in summer internships.
WHAT SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING A CAREER IN CIVIL ENGINEERING?
Someone who wants to work in civil engineering should be good at numerical reasoning, and be interested in mathematics, physics, and economics. They should also be able to form good relationships with business owners and workers, and should be patient, friendly, and be able to communicate their ideas to others.
WHERE CAN I WORK AFTER GRADUATING FROM THIS DEPARTMENT?
- Ministries of Public Works and Housing, Forestry, Agriculture and Rural Affairs, Energy and Natural Resources, Transportation
- Directorate of State Hydraulic Works and Highways
- Public sector
CIVIL ENGINEERING AT ABU
- Study with graduates of the best universities in the world, even for core courses
- A great opportunity for expert training
- On-going support and networking for research
- The chance to learn the communication and presentation skills you need for your career
- Learn team work by participating in interesting clubs
- A solid English education in an international setting to help you express yourself and find your place in the world