WHAT IS ECONOMICS?
· Unlimited wants and needs on the one hand, and limited resources on the other . . . economics, which is one of the most important disciplines of our day, emerges from this nexus. It is the point where limited resources meets unlimited needs with the maximum efficiency. Economics helps us to understand economic events such as currency exchange and inflation.
WHAT COURSES ARE AVAILABLE IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS?
· Micro Economics
· Contemporary World Economy
· Industrial Organizations
· Economics of Development
· Labor Economics
· International Trade
· International Finance
· Public Finance
WHAT QUALITIES SHOULD I POSSESS IF SELECTING THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS?
· Analytical thinker
· Good at interpreting numeric data
· Can stand up to challenges
· Can create strategies to go beyond limits
· Can see the difference between the big picture and the little picture
WHERE CAN I WORK AFTER GRADUATING FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS?
· Financial Manager
· Risk Management
· Banking and Financial Institutions
· Central Bank
· Ministry of Foreign Trade and other ministries
ABU AND THE DEPARTMENT OF ECONOMICS
· Our main goal: to empower students with the necessary knowledge and tools to analyze a rapidly changing economic world so as to make accurate predictions and correct decisions.
· By keeping current with general and specific economic developments, students will be able to provide suggestions for solutions to the professional problems they will come across in a way that can be an example to their peers.
· We aim to give students a framework for making good decisions in an increasingly competitive world economy. In addition, by partnering with international universities, we enable students to participate in international exchange programs and become immersed in an increasingly global world.