WHAT IS INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING?
- In a sentence, Industrial Engineering is a profession that facilitates the conjunction of people, machines, materials, and capital through the design, development, advancement, and maintenance of systems.
- It is because of industrial engineering that everything from cell phones to automobiles and other manufactured goods are produced cost-efficiently, and that product consistency is maintained within brands and models. In other words, if it had not been for industrial engineering, many of the manufactured goods available to us today would have been much more expensive, and no two products of the same brand and model would have been alike. In particular, the small errors in planning that can be the cause of serious product flaws in disorderly systems underscores the necessity of industrial engineering. Working with systems to produce the highest quantity and quality of goods and services with the fewest possible amount of resources is a core aspect of industrial engineering.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
- All engineering majors will take core courses during the first year of study. Beginning with the second year, students will take courses in mathematically planning real-world systems as well as other classes in the department such as probability, statistics, and linear algebra. During the third year of study, students will take courses in special problems in industrial engineering. The fourth year will be particularly challenging as students will take intensive elective courses in their selected specialties.
- Industrial Engineering is different from other engineering professions in that it pays the most attention to human factors. It can be said that industrial engineering most closely resembles the social sciences when compared to other engineering professions.
WHAT SHOULD I CONSIDER WHEN SELECTING A CAREER IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING?
- Students who will be successful in industrial engineering are those who enjoy engineering and math, think analytically, and who do not have a problem communicating with others.
WHERE CAN I WORK AFTER GRADUATING WITH A DEGREE IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING?
- Industrial engineers generally work as planners in large companies and as advisors to high-level management in decision-making and planning activities. Aside from the manufacturing sector, health tourism and transportation technology are other possible areas of employment.
ABU AND INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING
- ABU's Department of Industrial Engineering is home to a top-notch faculty who have graduated and worked in the best universities of the world. Our graduates will have been educated in the English language and will have practiced English with the large proportion of English-speaking international students who make up the student body at ABU, and will have the skills to stake their place in a wide range of work environments. They can also participate in projects with an academic cadre that is up-to-the-minute with trends and developments in the industrial engineering sector.