Books and Book Chapters:
- Tarık Oğuzlu, ‘Yeni Dünya Düzeni ve Türk Dış Politikası’, Türk Dış Politikasını Nasıl Bilirdinz?, Ümit Özdağ ve Yelda Demirağ (ed.), Kripto Yayınları, Ankara, Kasım 2017.
- “Turkish foreign policy at the nexus of changing international and regional dynamics”, Turkish Studies, Vol. 17, No. 1, 2016, pp. 58-67.
BİLGESAM Analysis / International Politics:
Anadolu Agency Opinions and Analysis:
- “Future of European Union Integration Process at Risk” Anadolu Agency, 25 April 2017. http://m.aa.com.tr/en/analysis-news/future-of-european-union-integration-process-is-at-risk/804675
- “Avrupa Birligi ‘Almanlasma’ Yolunda” Anadolu Ajansi, 28 Nisan 2017. http://m.aa.com.tr/tr/analiz-haber/avrupa-birligi-almanlasma-yolunda/807218
- “The Fallout of North Korea’s Nuclear Policies” Anadolu Agency, 3 May 2017. http://m.aa.com.tr/en/analysis-news/analysis-the-fallout-of-north-korea-s-nuclear-policies/810352
- “Trump Donemi ABD Dis Politikasinin Gelecegi” Anadolu Ajansi, 12 Mayis 2017. http://m.aa.com.tr/tr/analiz-haber/trump-donemi-abd-dis-politikasi-ve-liberal-dunya-duzeninin-gelecegi/816901
- “Turkiye ve ABD” Gecmis, Bugun ve Yarin” Anadolu Ajansi, 22 Mayis 2017. http://m.aa.com.tr/tr/analiz-haber/turkiye-ve-abd-gecmis-bugun-ve-yarin/823386
- “Turkey and the United States: Past, Present and Future” Anadolu Agency, 23 May 2017. http://m.aa.com.tr/en/analysis-news/turkey-and-the-us-past-today-and-tomorrow/824173
- “Trump meets European Allies: NATO’s future at stake” Anadolu Agency, 30 May 2017. http://aa.com.tr/en/analysis-news/opinion-trump-meets-european-allies-nato-s-future-at-stake/830310
- “Germany and the liberal world order: What to expect?” Anadolu Agency, 1 June 2017. http://aa.com.tr/en/analysis-news/germany-and-the-liberal-world-order-what-to-expect/832660
- “G20 Zirvesi ve Catisan Kuresel Perspectifler” Anadolu Ajansi, 6 Temmuz 2017. http://aa.com.tr/tr/analiz-haber/g20-zirvesi-ve-catisan-kuresel-perspektifler/855481
- “AB Parlementosu Raporu ve Otesi” Anadolu Ajansi, 10 Temmuz 2017. http://aa.com.tr/tr/analiz-haber/ab-parlamentosu-raporu-ve-otesi/858080
- “Trump’s Jacksonian Agenda” Anadolu Agency, 3 August 2017. http://aa.com.tr/en/americas/trump-s-jacksonian-agenda/875742
- “Bati Avrupanin Jeopolitik Ikilemi” Anadolu Ajansi, 10 Agustos 2017. http://aa.com.tr/tr/analiz-haber/bati-avrupanin-jeopolitik-ikilemi/881355
- “The Quandry Facing Western Euope” Anadolu Agency, 11 August 2017. http://aa.com.tr/en/analysis-news/the-quandary-facing-western-europe/882207
- “‘Strategic Accountability’ and North Korean Nuclear Crisis” Anadolu Agency, 18 August 2017. http://aa.com.tr/en/analysis-news/-strategic-accountability-and-north-korean-nuclear-crisis/887432
- “Trump and Free Trade: The NAFTA Example” Anadolu Agency, 29 August 2017. http://aa.com.tr/en/analysis-news/trump-and-free-trade-the-nafta-example/896459
- “Future of US-led security ties in East Asia” Anadolu Agency, 6 September 2017. http://aa.com.tr/en/analysis-news/future-of-us-led-security-ties-in-east-asia/902694
- “Dogu Asya’da ABD liderligindeki guvenlik ittifakinin gelecegi” Anadolu Ajansi, 7 Eylul 2017. http://aa.com.tr/tr/analiz-haber/dogu-asyada-abd-liderligindeki-guvenlik-ittifakinin-gelecegi/903688
- “Soft Power and US Foreign Policy” Anadolu Agency, 12 September 2017. http://aa.com.tr/en/analysis-news/soft-power-and-us-foreign-policy/908366
Newspaper Opinions and Analysis:
Conferences, Workshops and Academic Meetings:
- Participated in the 1. Ulusal Gençlik Akademisi, organized by Genç Sosyal Bilimciler Derneği ve Doğuş Üniversitesi, İstanbul, 21-22 Ekim 2016, I gave a talk in the panel ‘Uluslararası İlişkiler Teorileri Bağlamında Türk Dış Politikası’
- Participated in “Brexit: AB Terk Ingilterenin ABD’den Ayrilmasininin Avrupa Butunlesmesi ve Turkiye-AB Iliskilerine Etkileri” conference, organized by AKVAM (Akdeniz Universitesi Avrupa Bilrligi Arastirma ve Uygulama Merkezi) in cooperation with Friedrich Ebert Stiftung, on December 8-9, 2016. I gave a talk on “Brexit Sonrasi AB’nin Kuresel Rolu ve Pozisyonu” on Dec. 8 and joined the closing panel on “Brexit, AB Butunlesmesi ve Turkiye-AB Iliskileri: Firsatlar ve Zorluklar” on Dec. 9.
- Participated in the Diplomacy Okulu of Hukumet Liderlik Okulu of Bahcesehir University on December 10, 2016. I gave a talk on “Understanding International Crises from International Relations perspective”
- Participated in 3. Türk Dış Politikası Çalıştayı organized by 21. Yüzyıl Enstitüsü in Ankara on 18-19 February, 2017. I chaired the 4. Panel and gave a talk on Turkish Foreign Policy in the New World Order.
- Participated in the Küresel Siyaset ve Ekonomi Okulu of Antalya International University on March 4, 2017 and gave a talk on “Küreselleşme Olgusu: Kavramsal Tartışmalar ve Siyaset-Ekonomi İlişkisi”
- Participated in the Global Leadership Forum of Bahcesehir University School of Government and Leadership on May 6, 2017. I gave a talk in the panel on “Power Struggles on the Pacific Coast: Theories and Actors”
- Partcipated in the 1. Ulusal Guvenlik Zirvesi, organized by Genc Sosyal Bilimciler Dernegi, in cooperation with Karadeniz Technical University Uluslararasi Iliskiler Kulubu, on 12 May 2017. I gave a talk in the panel on ”Ortadogu Guvenligi”
- Participated in the Suriye Ic Savasi Paneli on 15 May 2017, organized by Inonu Universitesi, Uluslararasi Genclik Toplulugu in Malatya. I gave a talk titled “Turk Dis Politikasi”
Books and Chapters:
“Ottoman Third Corps in Crisis: Esad Pasha”, (ed) John Crawford, David Littlewood, James Watson, Experience of a Lifetime: People, Personalities and Leaders in the First World War, (Auckland: Massey University Press, 2016), pp.43-59
“Gallipoli Campaign: Turkish Official Military Historiography, War Memorial and Contested Ground”, First World War Studies, vol. 7, no. 2, 2016, pp.165-191
“One Battle and Two Accounts: The Turkish Brigate at Kunu-ri in November 1950”, Journal of Military History, vol.80, no.4, October 2016, pp.1117-1147 (with Serhat Güvenç)
“Who Called for a Ceasefire? Gallipoli 1915” Wartime, no.73, Summer 2016, pp. 54-59Cerem I. Cenker Özek, "Antalya'daki Sivil Toplum Kuruluşlarının Karşılaştırmalı Bir Analizi," Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Dergisi, 2017, Cilt:22, s:4, 2017, 1161-1176.
Conferences, Workshops and Academic Meetings:
“Arab Rebellion and the Defence of Medina: Beyond Legends and Prejudices”, Paper Presented to Turkish Parliament National Palaces, İstanbul, 2-4 November 2017
“Hejaz Campaign and the Defence of Medina”, Paper presented to Society for Military History Annual Meeting, Florida State University, Jacksonville, 30 March – 2 April 2017
“Hejaz Campaign under the Shadow of the T.E.Lawrence and the Arab Revolt”, Paper presented to the Turkish Society for History Conference, Mediterranean University, 7-10 December 2016
“Myths and Reality: The Arab Revolt and Hejaz Campaign”, Paper presented to Society for Military History Annual Meeting, Canadian War Museum, Ottawa, 15-17 April 2016
“Professional Military Education and; Military History: Myths and Realities”, Paper presented to Conference “New Directions in War and History”, Australian National University, Canberra, 4-5 February 2016
- Cerem I. Cenker Özek, "Türkiye'de Vatandaşların Çevre Algıları: Sorunlar, Engeller, Fırsatlar," Çukurova Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Dergisi, Cilt: 20, s:2, 2016, s.149-166
- Cerem I. Cenker Özek, "Civic Space in Turkey: A Social Capital Approach to Civil Society", Turkish Studies, vol. 18, issue:4, 2017, s.688-709. (SSCI)
- Cerem I. Cenker Özek, " How do our relations in everyday life influence our trust in strangers? Tehory and Evidence from 27 Democracies", Cilt:1, s:1, 2017, s. 66-83
- Cerem I. Cenker Özek, "Antalya'daki Sivil Toplum Kuruluşlarının Karşılaştırmalı Bir Analizi," Süleyman Demirel Üniversitesi İktisadi ve İdari Bilimler Dergisi, 2017, Cilt:22, s:4, 2017, 1161-1176.
- Cerem I. Cenker Özek, "Karşılaştırmalı Bir Sivil Toplum İncelemesi: Türkiye ve Akdeniz Bölgesi," 17. Ulusal Bölge Bilimi ve Bölge Planlama Kongresi, 12-14 Ekim 2017, (Sunum Kongre kitabında basım aşamasında)
- Aydemir Nermin ve Rens Vliegenthart, Public discourse on minorities: how discursive opportunities shape representative patterns in the Netherlands and the UK, Nationalities Papers (Taylor and Francis Yayınevi), Online olarak yayınlandı.
- Korkmaz, D. (book proposal under review by Palgrave). Turkey’s energy security vis-à-vis integration with the EU.
- Korkmaz, D. (forthcoming). Is the EU a great power? The case of natural gas. In: R. Heiskala, J. Aro, eds., Policy Design in the European Union- An Empire of the Shopkeepers in the Making? Palgrave.
- Sartori, N., Colantoni, L, Schroder, M., Korkmaz, D., Sever, S. (2017). Energy and climate strategies, interests and priorities of the EU and Turkey, FEUTURE Working Paper. Available from: http://www.feuture.uni-koeln.de/sites/feuture/user_upload/FEUTURE_5.2_Energy_and_Climate_Strategies.pdf
- Korkmaz, D. (2017). English School as a Theoretical Framework to Analyse Energy Issues: the Case of EU. In: 11th ECPR General Conference. Oslo: ECPR.
- Didem Çakmaklı (2017) Rights and obligations in civil society organizations: learning active citizenship in Turkey, Southeast European and Black Sea Studies, 17:1, 113-127. (SSCI)
- Bahar Rumelili & Didem Çakmaklı (2017) Civic Participation and Citizenship in Turkey: A Comparative Study of Five Cities, South European Society and Politics, 22:3, 365-384. (SSCI)
- Didem Çakmaklı “The Pursuit of Rights: Realizing Citizenship through CSO Participation” 11th European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) General Conference, 6-9 September 2017, Oslo, Norway.
- Accepted (and registered) to participate: Didem Çakmaklı “Citizenship as the Pursuit of Rights: Civic Culture and Civil Society Organizations in Turkey” International Studies Association (ISA) Annual Convention, 4-7 April 2018, San Francisco, USA.
Burak Toygar Halistoprak
B. Toygar Halistoprak (with Özgür Özdamar and Erkam Sula). 2014. "From ‘Good Neighbor’ to ‘Model’: Turkey’s Changing Roles in the Middle East in the Aftermath of the Arab Spring."Uluslararası İlişkiler Dergisi (Journal of International Relations). 11 (41): 93-113. (SSCI)
B. Toygar Halistoprak, "The Role of Regional Organizations in Humanitarian Intervention:The Case of Liberia Peacebuilding Operation and ECOWAS Intervention." Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research. 35: 1-21.
Books and Chapters:
B. Toygar Halistoprak. 2018. “Historical Evolution of Diplomacy: Transition to Permanent”. (ed.) Erhan Akdemir: Anadolu University Press.
B. Toygar Halistoprak. 2018. “Practice of Diplomacy: Negotiation, Mediation and Diplomatic Agreement. (ed.) Erhan Akdemir: Anadolu University Press.
B. Toygar Halistoprak. (Forthcoming). “Role of Regional Organizations in Peace Interventions: ECOWAS and Peace Missions in West Africa.” (eds.) Alparslan Ozerdem, Sinem Acikmese. Routledge.
B. Toygar Halistoprak. "The 'World Society' as a Framework to Make Sense of the Practice: Understanding Peacebuilding through the English School." presented at the Poster Reception of ISA Annual Convention in Atlanta.
B. Toygar Halistoprak. "Teaching Security through Simulations." Presented and performed at the Security Academy, annual meeting in Kartepe, Turkey
B. Toygar Halistoprak. "Teaching Diplomacy through Simulations." Presented and performed at the UİK Foreign Policy Academy, annual meeting in Kartepe, Turkey.
- Turan, Gozde. (2016). ‘Responsibility to Prosecute’ in an age of global governmentality: The International Criminal Court. Cooperation and Conflict 51(1): 20-37.
- Turan, Gozde. (2016). Manhood Deprived and (Re) constructed during Conflicts and International Prosecutions: The Curious Case of the Prosecutor v. Uhuru Muigai Kenyatta et al. Feminist Legal Studies 24(1): 29-47.
- Turan, Gozde. (2016). The identity of ‘the other’ for sexual violence victims: Is there anything new in sexual violence prosecutions before the International Criminal Court? Journal of Gender Studies
- ISA CONFERENCE- 58th Annual Convention: Understanding Change in World Politics (February 22 – 25, 2017)
Paper Title: (Un)changing relations of international law with the state: Back to state-sovereignty or self-ordained law?
Panel Title: New Assessments of the Nature of State Sovereignty in World Politics